Wednesday, October 23, 2013

absentee

I have been absent since my neighbour moved back to Serbia, because his internet left with him. But recently 'fubman and I have jumped the gun and have gotten our own 'net again. I'm working full time unexpectedly, which helped with that decision. Internet here is expensive. We can't get it for less than $60/month!
I'm working full time because my manager quit. Now i'm the only employee.

Yesterday I had a day off and it was gloriously sunny and warm. I went for a sunset walk with Maike in the evening. We walked to the 4th street dock, out to the point that juts out into the sound and shared a beer and took pictures. She's so lovely. I've reflected recently on how so many people have come into my life recently, but she's the one I've wanted to keep there. I'm so picky about my friends, I never realized. I'm the one who's kept people away from me.

Today Maike and I have plans to go out and catch some crab for dinner if we can. There's a very friendly dude who Shawn and I got to know because he works at LA grocery - a place we often frequent because it's open until 11, and the the co-op grocery is only open until 8 - who I also saw all the time this past summer at trilogy, because he'd get free bait for crabbing. We give out fish scraps for free. One time we got to talking about crabs, and one way or another he ended up offering me the use of his crab trap, which is always hanging out at the docks by trilogy. So...today, Maike and I are going to take advantage of that offer! If we don't catch any dungeness, I have plans to buy some spot prawns from work and make an avocado salad topped with lime-chili-coconut-dusted pan fried prawns. So one way or another, today is going to be delicious!

It is sunny and fine and I've been inside all day...time to venture out!


3 comments:

  1. Yum, that does sound delicious! I love crab!! I've often thought it can't be that hard to catch them, right? drop the net down with some bait and wait. Pull it up and waaala! Well, let me know if it's actually that easy. and YAY for fub getting the net!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya! i've been lonely without ya. um those prawn-plans sound mouth watering. there is definately some perks to your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have long known that I am picky about my friends. I don't let very many ppl in a-tall. that shrimp sounds DIVINE, 'fub.

    ReplyDelete