Tuesday, January 27, 2015

This is a Happy Day

Hi. It's the first of my two days off, and the sun is shining and the sky is blue! There is a bubble of joy in my person. Shawn and I are going out for breakfast soon! I think we shall go to Vincente's, which has a cozy fireplace and squashy arm chairs in the dining room. I think I may get a traditional breakfast with sausages and eggs. Or the "big gun" (do you know what a big gun is? it's a long, narrow surf board used for catching monster waves, like in Hawaii) (*said in know-it-all, perky voice*). The Big Gun breakfast item is two eggs, ham, cheese, tomato, chipotle mayo..there may be more to it but I can't remember…sandwiched in-between two slices of peasant bread. Peasant bread is made from scratch at The Common Loaf bakery here in town. The Common Loaf bakery is a "whole foods" bakery, which unfortunately means they make cinnamon buns that are dry and un-exciting. And terrible muffins. But the bread - the bread is special.

There is a dead bird on our small patch of cement which serves as a back patio.

When Easter sleeps all night pressed up against me in a tight bun, it makes me happy. Even if she is pressed against me so tight I can't move, and digs her claws in to stay in place. I work around such things. Fubman on one side, fluffy cat on the other. Happiness.

100 points to anyone that can guess where my title comes from!!

1 comment:

  1. darn it. i want a hundred points, but i just don't know! and....i need...i must have...a BIG GUN.

    ReplyDelete