Thursday, January 31, 2013

I gave my old boss a call a couple weeks ago inquiring about my old job, and I finally heard back from him. He said depending on how busy it gets, maybe he could use me starting April. I hope it's April, or I'll have to find another job first. There's no one else, in the whole town of Tofino, that I want to work for. He's one of a kind - I'm sure of it.

I read the Hunger Games in 3 days. The last book, I started at around 7pm and ended at 5am. Pulled an all-nighter. I HAD to! I just had to know what happened with Peeta. After all the reading, the lack of comfort in the ending left me feeling quite disturbed and unable to sleep for awhile. I decided that the author had no interest in providing you with a cozy, comforting feeling at the end of the book. She probably wanted you to feel disturbed. To notice disconcerting parallels. To consider the state of our world. Just saying. The things that are wrong with our world are so glaringly obvious, but so hidden under a blanket of normalcy.

I watched Les Miserables. LOVED it!! Cried buckets and buckets. How could you not when it's such an example of the power of love?! such examples of love touch everybody. I want to be such an example of love. I also loved how everyone sang on scene. Powerful.

Last night, I had pierogies for dinner.


3 comments:

  1. I wish I'd watched Les Mis with you. I watched it with someone who didn't like it, and it effected me. I didn't cry once. But loved it still the same. Russell Crow was subpar though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh--and the guy who played marius??? whew!

    ReplyDelete