Sunday, February 19, 2012

floating licks of fire

The sleeves of my shirt are just that: gossamer floating licks of fire. I feel as if I have floaty wings around my arms. I LIKE it!

I've been having dreams where I'm uncomfortably and accidentally exposing my secretest parts, and I realized that it's because of all my blog posts....the way I'm writing and the things I'm writing about, apparently, should not be so freely flashed about! Maybe what I'll do is write a book about it all...I've been thinking. Those times at night when I can't sleep and it feels as though I'm on the receiving end of this crazy stream of wisdom/information, I automatically shape my thoughts so that they're in book form. I write books in my head. Quite, often, actually. And....well, I've been reading and seeing and hearing from so many places that one should be immersing one's self in activities that are joyous, and that's the way to make money too. And, when I think about it honestly, one of the activities that I lose myself in like no other is writing!! So I have re-dreamt a dream recently: I want to write a book! I am going to be a published author. This book I'm reading reminds me to think 'what small action have I done today that nourishes my dreams..?' And with that thought, I have been taking action!

I mean, writing a WHOLE BOOK that is publishable seems a bit overwhelming to me. But just taking one small nourishing action a day - THAT I can do. What I've been doing for that is inspired from way back before I could even write! The first journals that Bethany and I kept. Mom would have us draw a picture, and then we'd make up a story for that picture and she would faithfully write down word-for-word what we said. You could also note that us women-folk have started that style up again with the story-picture trading thing we get together and do. You see, it's just a great way to get the creative juices flowing, is what I thought, and to exercise my story-making imagination. And it's fun! That's what is most important. If I'm not having fun, I will never finish a thing. And hasn't anyone else noticed that things most often stop being fun when you're looking at it from the view of completing a huge project all at once? When you forget that you are 'trying to finish' something and you are just enjoying it in the moment ..that is what I am wanting to achieve in all my projects.

3 comments:

  1. this is very exciting! a book! you totally can do it. and i love the conscious decision to enjoy the journey of creating rather than the finished product. that's good stuff. good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I like that. That is definitely how I should look at things. I can't wait to see your book and buy a copy from the store.

    ReplyDelete