Sunday, February 26, 2012

a 'fub is a good 'fub

I want to buy up everything in my store right now, but I'm being good. One cannot be excessive. It's just that we got in all this new stuff...and it's summery stuff, and today is so bright and sunshiney and I just want to buy up all the summer things! "hmm, this would look/feel great on the beach", I invariably think as I pull out a dress, a shirt, a skirt. It's probably a good thing I have tomorrow off. One more day in here in a row and I'd snap, most likely.

From my bedroom window I see a corner of the house next door, and then forest behind. And today when I opened my eyes, the sun was in it's full glorious phase of rising and the light was so warm - it coloured the bark of the trees red! Waking up to see sun sparkling through an emerald forest is a sure-fire way to start off your day in a dapper mood. Especially if, in the name of Sunday, you go out for a leisurely breakfast, which is what me and Shawn did. We were up later than usual last night playing cards at a friend's house (it's becoming a saturday night tradition) and so this morning we didn't feel like making breakfast. Well, it's me that almost always makes breakfast (I'm the 'morning princess' as shawn calls me, I'm invariably the first out of bed and pretty much jumping around as soon as I get up). Plus, every Sunday the Weigh West restaurant, which is right on the water, has been having a $6 benny omelet deal. Frickin' cheap deliciousness.

It's my FRIDAY it's my FRIDAY it's my FRIDAY!! Hooray Hooray Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. i love brunch! you are dapper in mood because, you my dear, are an old man in a young woman's body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How dare you, I most certainly am not! Humph!

    ReplyDelete