Monday, February 10, 2014

happy family day!

I worked an extra day today because it was a holiday. It was slow. At the end of the day I emptied the tank of crab, since it'll be a week before we open again, to put them back in the ocean in their crate. Only, I grabbed a crate that didn't have a rope attached (thus, not able to tie it to the dock cleat). So I had to take all of the crab out of THAT crate and put them in a different one that had a rope. No I couldn't just take the rope off the crate that had one and put it on the one i'd put the crab into, because you see, I don't know how to tie a clove hitch. So, yeah…I was thinking about what I could possibly share about my day today, and that was what came up. Enjoy :)

The cold ice-driven winds have changed direction, and today was much warmer. I noticed when I walked out after work that instead of smelling like snow, the air smelt like - AHH, freshness, and flowers, and just HEAVENLY. I can't describe the loveliness of how it smelt. It smelt like an early summer evening. Then I walked home in the darkening quiet. I heard Eastre's meows as I was walking up the hallway to my door and was bombarded as soon as I got in. "hello, fluffy-nutter-butt," I said in a cheerful holler. I always call her that when I come home from work. She purred and chirped and trilled in a frenzy as I got her food. She is always the epitome of desperation when it's time for her to eat.
And now, I'm waiting for Shawn to come home so we can decide what to do for dinner.

And this shall adjourn my post.




2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing that tidbit about your day 'fubby! I can't tie a clove hitch either. s'alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um...i'm just wondering why you purposely-accidentally created a dangerous slick of ice right outside your door?

    I'm ready for spring aren't yoU?

    ReplyDelete