Monday, October 22, 2012

a poem


I am not my shoes. or my cat. Or any of my clothes.

I am not my thoughts. I am not my reactions. I am not my opinions.

I am not my knowledge. I am not my financial situation.

I am not my beliefs. I am not my fears. 

I am not my family. I am not my friends. I am not my co-workers.

I am not and I am.







I   am   

the jewel beyond the thought, underlying the beliefs.

I   am

the purest essence, indomitable love, unquenchable light.

I   am

so exquisitely beautiful, you cannot look on my shining
and not be moved.

I   am.

I   am.

I   am!

And joy flows through me like a river because

I am and we all are. 

3 comments:

  1. beautiful amy. i mean that in many punctuation and inflection interpretations. all are true. what a gorgeous thought. it reminds me a little bit of jon anderson, anyone can light a candle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Labee, thank you. that is quite a compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a lovely poem ameburt. love it.

    ReplyDelete