Friday, October 5, 2012

morning walk photos

I cut my way through town using the alley that winds it's way in between CIBC and the Common Loaf, passing by the back of Castaways, which is often littered with new donated goods. I stopped to snap a quick shot of an aged post.


blackberries tumble over the decrepit wooden fences that line the alley.


a tangle of blackberry through the fence.


The alley opens up beside Schooner's, which I walked past breathing as little as possible. It stank like rotten fish. I walked through a cloud of flies. I turned the corner onto Neil st. and walked past the skate park.
RIP Jamie


the Tofino school bus.


My meandering footsteps took me to Main st. A bramble of blackberries and browned butterfly bushes overlook the Sound in the shaded parking lot beside the Credit Union.


I sat for awhile on some shaded steps that cut through a condo building on Main st. I enjoy the grassy roof of that building...which, unromantically, is the Condo sales building. Should definitely be more public. Such a beautiful situation...


some stair shots, just for fun.





Beside The Shore building on Main, there is this cute little gate (which is beside a steep path leading down to the Atleo air/Ocean Outfitters dock). There is actually a very old, mostly forgotten about road behind that gate. 





This is the roof/deck of a small brick building built into a hill that leads down to the ocean. It's beside the Sushi Bar. It's one of my favourite buildings in Tofino. Love. ut. 


Rumour has it, it is on it's way to becoming an Italian Restaurant. I very much hope this is true. Tofino doesn't even HAVE an Italian Restaurant - in my opinion, it's badly needed. 
Spiderwebs!





This is the side of it. The front is all glass, with a gorgeous view of the Sound.


I cut down towards the water at the brick, soon-to-be Italian Restaurant. Past Remote Passages. I used their boat ramp to get to the beach. The Ocean Route along Main st. is hardly ever used. Aside from otters and raccoons that is...here you see a raccoon's paw sunk into the sand.


low tide.


The Coast Guard building. 


I played around with the colour on this one.


passing the ocean side of Tofino Sea Kayaking, I cut through the field beside them to get back onto the road. Walking back through town I didn't take any pictures until I got back home. 


I'm going to go on a morning walk every day while the weather's nice...and it's supposed to be nice, with not a drop of rain in sight for 2 whole weeks!

4 comments:

  1. lovely photos and what a nice walk! I would also like to point out that Williams Lake has a delicious italian restaurant. Williams Lake. If WL has one Tofino ought to.
    Also, I think it was a mistake, but I like how you called the blackberry bushes 'butterfly bushes'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks 'fub! um, butterfly bushes: not a mistake. notice how I said blackberry AND butterfly..?you can't see the butterfly bushes unless you look closely.

      Delete
  2. yes love the photos of your walk. especially the raccoon paw print in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photos!! You should definitely take advantage of the no rain for a morning walk everyday. why not, I ask you!

    ReplyDelete