Monday, October 22, 2012

message in a bottle

I am returned from a brief sojourn to Parksville. Unfortunately, my purse is still in Parksville. Sigh.

While in P-ville, I took care of business. Happily, my e.i. went right through and I'm now on the program and should have money put in my account this very DAY. Not so greatly, my passport didn't go through because of some missing info about my employment history (I didn't realize I had to tell them when i was unemployed too!) but that is all taken care of, and I should be getting my passport in 2 weeks! Right on time!! PHEWPH. Just so you can put your minds at ease, I look good in my new passport photo. This passport is going to kick my last passport's butt. (good riddance tight mouth stretched over large, braces-laden teeth). I'm not shallow. I'm not. But a good-looking passport feels good.

I've become hooked on The Voice. LOVE IT. Some of the performances send tingles through my entire BODY, like the battle between De'borah and Nelly's Echo - message in a bottle - AHH! De'borah is my favourite. I hope she wins. I lust after her voice. And I don't even have to mention the battle between Amanda Brown and Trevin Hunt - vision of love by Mariah Carey - that was just mind-blowing. Anehway.

so it feels good to have my affairs mostly in order now. the exciting task remains for me and Shawn to book our Hawaii accommodation. We're going to do that tonight. I cannot wait to be in Hawaii.

Well, I have been working on some paintings. One of them is shockingly beautiful in it's beginning stages. That can sometimes hold me back, because I am loathe to add something less perfect than what has miraculously happened already on the canvas. But it is also exciting and draws me to it, because I think I'm on to something. Something really, really good. I'll post pictures when I am done. I also have some hilarious cartoons (in my opinion) to post, if I can get my scanner to work. It hasn't been cooperating.










3 comments:

  1. btw 'fub, love love LOVE my new skin! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i stumbled in here to check if there was anything new, and lo and behold, treasure trove! i love the voice too!!! i don't have a favourite yet, there are too many good ones, with such compelling stories that twang your heart strings. i am so happy you are going to hawaii and i want to go too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'welcome 'fub! I will try and watch The Voice, mebbe we can get it on our basic cable. It's so exciting that you are going to Hawaii! Can't wait to see your shockingly beautiful painting and some cartoons!

    ReplyDelete