Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Young Grasshopper:Tales of Bravery

I just had a good work out/iron chef session. I'm up to 15 minutes! Afterwards I felt the glow of my beating heart, and distracted myself with looking up other work-out moves to add to my routine, when I knew that I should be preparing for Hawaii....*gulp*. It's just that there's kind of a bundle for me yet to do. And the e.i. situation has not been helping. I know I said it went right through, but that turned out to be a lie. Fact is, my old Groovy Movie employer marked down that I quit - when I didn't. I remember clearly Shawn coming home right after having left for a shift, saying that Mike told him he didn't need us anymore. Anyway, blah blah blah - it has delayed a decision being made on my claim for over a MONTH. meanwhile, my funds have been dwindling into a tiny stub, and Hawaii has been zooming towards me. ZOOMING. After calling and talking to a few different agents, who all told me the same thing, I finally got a call from the head office today. So I explained things to her and she explained things to me and we got stuff figured out. My claim will almost certainly go through with or without the measly amount of hours I got from Groovy ...and I'll probably get the money the second day I'm in Hawaii.

I KNOW. what you are all thinking. Heck, I've thought it myself a thousand times. Impulsive, silly, irresponsible...and yet, everything is going to work out. I just know it. And next time, I will plan with more intelligence. Sigh. That is ALL I will say.

This has been a confessional, and I expect it to be treated gently. as if with a soft hand, subtly squeezing a knee.

The other day, chatting to Shawn through the shower curtain as I showered, I mentioned how I want to write a book. But what to write of? I know there's something emerging - I can feel it! I exclaimed. Pause. "Maybe...you should write about grasshoppers." Shawn offered from the next room.

3 comments:

  1. lol. yes write about grasshoppers. perhaps i'll allow you to write about my experience of killing one with my pee in the parksville beach bathroom.

    have so much fun and adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! What a GREAT suggestion! lol. Consider your knee gently squeezed. Good girl. (said in Marilla's hoarse with pride voice).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! I don't think you do know what 'we' are thinking. I know I am thinking this: "wow! How amazing. She is just trusting and things are working out. What an amazing trip!"

    ReplyDelete