Monday, November 26, 2012

Hawaii 'fub checking in

This is our last day here. I'm writing from the hospitality room in the hotel. We've already checked out, but our plane doesn't leave until 11:30 tonight. It's kind of nice I guess, because we still have all day to do stuff. After I write this, I am going to go swimming at Waikiki beach. The gentle turquoise water...sigh. I am going to miss that.

I have gone swimming every single day we've been here, and most days I've gone twice. I feel as if I've made up for a whole year of hardly swimming. Our hotel has a really nice pool, and hardly anyone uses it at night. I like floating on my back and seeing the moon and thinking of how this is the sky in the middle of the pacific ocean, and we are floating with it, so far removed from everything.

I even tried surfing here. I didn't manage to catch a wave though. Not for lack of trying. I didn't have a big enough board. The waves are so gentle at Waikiki that they're hard to catch. I paddled and paddled and paddled, but they just washed over me. Still, it was fun. but for a  'fub, nothing beats being immersed in silky, smooth, ripply water and just gliding through with nothing but my 'fub body. that is paradise for a 'fub.

We have done a lot more, of course, but I will wait until we get home and I can post the pictures, too. Aloha!!! :D

3 comments:

  1. I was hoping for a Hawaii update! Sounds AMAZING. That is exactly what paradise is for a 'fub! Excited to see all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow sounds so wonderful! I'm excited to hear all about it and see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too! so glad you had a wonderful time. can't wait to live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete