Saturday, March 2, 2013

crystals

While Shawn and I were in Parksville, the rain came down relentlessly born on a strong, icy, Northwest  wind. There wasn't much to do in the grey gloominess. However, I took the opportunity of being there to visit Infinity gifts, where I'd spotted (during Christmas shopping) a large collection of crystals. I'd been meaning to collect some for myself for my chakra studies and meditations for a while, but of course there's no place to purchase them in Tofino. It was exciting and difficult to choose as I pondered over the displays of tumbled stones. I knew I wanted one for my root chakra, but I was also wanting a few others for pure interests' sake. I ended up in the end with a very pretty little glowing rose quartz (heart), a smokey quartz (root), a citrine(solar plexus), a smooth and pleasing blue lace agate(throat), and a bloodstone (root/heart).

A simple explanation of the usefulness of crystals is this. They vibrate at very high frequencies, and having those vibrations around affects you in various positive ways. The same way the vibration frequencies from your computer and other appliances harm you. Each different type of crystal vibrates at it's own unique frequency, the same way every live thing does - each has a flavour. I just wanted to explain the simple science behind it so it cannot be said using crystals is hokey-pokey floofy magic.

I'll share an experience. In Parksville I kept the rose quartz in the room we were sleeping. Shawn and I had a little tiff. We don't fight nearly as often as the early days, but there is still the rare, tired occasion. Anyway, words were said and huffs were had - I was alone for a little bit in the room. Normally at this point I'd vacillate in between trying to reason with myself and distance myself from the emotion, and unconsciously giving in and fuelling the anger when my thoughts slip, but this time I felt so markedly different that I immediately noticed it. As soon as I'd been left alone, an understanding had crept over me, or surfaced - I don't know, it was very gentle, but I found myself in a state of very clear thought. I could not stay mad at Shawn for whatever reason, because I could clearly see the emptiness of it, the reasons and vulnerability behind it, and also I could not deny that I knew he loved me, and whatever our fight was about it was a case of mistaken fear. Oh, and also I could whole-y conceive of and visualize the way we actually felt about each other, which is love. We made up right after that, and it was easy. Later as we were falling asleep, my thoughts wondered over to the subject of forgiveness, and I stumbled onto self forgiveness. I thought of what had happened, how easy it had been to forgive Shawn, and then decided to apply that same compassion to myself. I'd literally never done that before. But it worked: I felt myself set free from it. At that point, I didn't know that rose quartz encourages one towards self forgiveness. All I'd read at that point was that it was a love stone, opening you up to love on all levels, and that it was especially healing to the lungs and heart. I just read the self-forgiveness thing today and it immediately made me think of that process I spontaneously went through in Parksville as I fell asleep.

Enehway, I watched a really good movie last night. Pitch Perfect. Solid a capella  songs. After I watched it I felt inspired and empowered for some reason. If you haven't yet seen, I HIGHLY recommend. I don't care what kinda movies you're into!

2 comments:

  1. what a neat experience with the crystals! Gail is really into crystals. She's given us a crystal lamp to offset the harmful radiation from our tv/computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. floofy magic! floof! sorry for floofing... self forgiveness is very powerful, innit?

    ReplyDelete