Monday, April 1, 2013

no noods

I didn't mention the secret of the crisp in my earlier post because I thought perhaps I was one of the only ignorant people in the world as to the simple secret. I thought it likely everyone else already knew...but since some comments implied otherwise, I'm suddenly in the happy position of having a useful trick to share! so I will share it. Like I said, it's simple (and anticlimactic after that intro). To get a good crisp, you only have to have the heat on med-high until the potatoes are blanched, ei. that thick white skin appears. and some will have started getting a little brown - then you turn the heat down to med or whatever is reasonable to YOU, and hey - Bob's your uncle! you only have to wait until the little nuggets have achieved the perfect state of browned-ness for you.

Shawn's new job is at Method Marine...I'm not quite sure what he'll be doing, it'll be all sorts of stuff. it's well-paying and there are benefits after a few months.

This is my last blog before I go and visit 'fub. I'll be leaving for Parksville early in the morning, and catching the ferry that same day to the mainland, where Laura will put me up for a night...and then I'll have to catch the bus at 7:45am the next morning. I'll be happy when I'm settled on the bus. I'm always like that before a trip where I have to catch something.

Today, was summer. It's a done deal fact. It was so warm jackets and hoodies were thrown away into the wind with disdain. Shawn saw some noodies at the beach, right by the public path. I spent a good portion of the day at Tonquin where it was glorious. There were no noods.


3 comments:

  1. you ARE a nood. noody two shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, nice title! No noods. I like it. It's been wonderfully warm here too! And sunny!! I love sun! Hope you have a good visut with fub. I'll try not to be jealous. try. I might not succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really afraid when I read this post until I saw that you'd written it at 1:44 in the morning. Here I was thinking you'd be catching the bus tomorrow and you're saying not 'till the next day....phewph! laughed at your brazen use of the word noods. was a little affronted at the unnecessary 'bob's your uncle' quip.

    ReplyDelete