Sunday, April 21, 2013

Well, as I'm sure most of you know from facebook, I got the job at Trilogy and I start sometime next week. It'll be a job I can keep all winter, too. I'm eager to like it and to fit in. I've been looking forward to finding a place for myself here. I don't know where I'll find it, but I know it's there already.

Speaking of which, Shawn and I were invited to his new work friend's girlfriend's house last night. I sat on the couch and observed and put in my two cents when I could. Two other girls dropped in while we were there, which made it difficult to get to know Bri, the girl's house we were at. But one of them was a girl I'd seen working at the health food store, and was almost 100% sure was a girl i'd gone to summer camp with twice (one year she was in Bethany's 'flight', and the other year when Bethany was at a different camp, she was in the same barracks as me). I remembered her because she's one of those people that stand out, like a sun. So warm, real, charismatic and confident - I remembered how she drew people of all ages to her like bees to honey. But I never felt she saw anything special in me. (maybe because on some inner level I was sending out defensive, jealous vibes?) We never connected as friends. Perhaps because we were never in the same flight, also. Anyway, I was never sure enough it was her to say anything. For one thing she's taller and thinner. But last night I couldn't help myself, and I told her she looked really familiar. And she was like, "I think we went to summer camp together...did you have a twin sister?" It WAS her! We had a little reunion, and when we left that night she gave me a big hug.  All the girls that were at the apartment last night were really nice, and into the same things as me. I felt among kindred spirits that didn't know I was one of them yet.

The day is soft today. As soon as I stepped out in it for a walk around town I felt it soften me. The bird's chirping seemed lazy and peaceful as opposed to the frenzied chorus of earlier spring. hardly anyone was out and about as I walked up 1st street into town. just that sound of wind blowing through fir and cedar and hemlock branches. And birds, and a distant car or two.

I made lasagna the other night and there is a tiny bit left. Ricotta spinach. My first attempt in years...and I forgot, after everything was prepared and ready to layer, that our one square glass baking dish had shattered the week before in an Unfortunate Incident I wish not to discuss. When I realized this, the Coop was closed for the day. The ONLY place to get a baking dish. so, what I ended up doing was layering it all up in one of my 9-inch round cake pans. It worked...it was delicious....and I am going to have some right now.

3 comments:

  1. another option is lasagne roll ups! hey congrats at your new jawb! i'm excited to hear all about it. and to me, YOU are like a rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gee, Labee! to ME, you are like a sapphire...but I also think of amber because you love it so much. and it's funny because those are like your two colours I just realized - amber an earth colour that matches your earth sun sign, Taurus, and sapphire's a match with your water moon sign, Cancer!
      and I think I thought of sapphire because you've always been my ocean swimming partner also.
      haha, I'm sure you weren't expecting a response, but you got one anyway!

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure I could remember anyone from my flight in basic just by looks! What's her name? Was she from Victoria? Anyways, that's really cool. I hope this job is a better fit than covet was.

    ReplyDelete