Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Since I have no call-up friends in Tofino, I'll be spending most of the day alone, which makes it easy to please myself. I have already gone out for a walk in the sparkling blueness that is outside today. I stopped at common loaf and got an americano (while staring longingly at the moist-looking fat squares of lemon cranberry - alas I'd only brought enough cash for coffee...). The smells in there are enough to make anyone hungry. Yesterday I in fact gave in to the smells and indulged in a pesto chicken panini from there (made on freshly-baked-from-scratch, thick, soft, nutty bread) and ate it in the tower and people watched. I am much better at people-watching than I used to be. I've learned it's an acquired taste that one must put one's creativity towards.

anyway, I walked down to the steps beside Ocean Outfitters which lead down to the water and some docks used by a variety of businesses. I planted myself on the bottom step, drank my coffee, and meditated. The Sound in front of me was so beautiful and such a vibrant blue - the islands dotting it gave me pleasure like perfect bites of food. Yes. Food. Mouthfuls of joy.

Anytime I meditate I get streams of wisdom, and I've come to experience the truth, that the wisdom and joy are always around me, and I simply feel it when I slow down and open myself enough to. Other times I am living cut off in a world constructed by my mind, and everything becomes smaller, narrower, dirtier, etc. In this other, real world, the outside (the everything), the magic and mystery of life is very near the surface, and that is how I like life to be. I like it to feel as though it's bursting with magic that could happen at any moment - that IS happening every moment.

"Of course there is magic in everything", as Colin Creevy would say. "only, people don't know much about it or how to use it." and then he goes on to talk of the power of positive thinking. Seriously, that book knows it. I love how in the book Dickon's mom tells them that the joy and magic they were talking of was the same thing hymns were written for, and that it doesn't matter to what you direct your gratitude at, because it will all go to the same One.

anyway. The sun's shining on my thoughts today. And I'm 27! I'm happy to report that I do not in any way feel old. In fact, I still feel like a girl. a strange woman-girl combo.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you're having such a lovely day! ( you WOULD compare islands to food). hehe--i feel like a woman-girl too! do people ever feel like they're grown up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. It's a gorgeous day here, too. Would have been fun to be in the garden with you this morning. (My garden)I worked all morning and am now hanging at the coffee shop while R has piano lessons.

    ReplyDelete