Saturday, August 31, 2013

I've written numerous drafts in the past 2 weeks, and obviously not one has been completed. So here I am. A trooper. Writing yet a new one.

Work was tremendously slow today, and we were finished by 8:15. Goodbye, overtime. But I rode my bike home in the sunset in a state of bliss. Because riding one's bike home after a shift of work when it's beautiful out, everyone knows, is a high point of life. The day's stresses are blown away with the wind rushing past your face. Actually the wind today didn't 'rush' so much as kiss. it kissed my face and stroked my hair and embraced my body as it flowed around me. It was darkening to dusk and there were many delicious smells. I got a whiff of freshly-cut pine, the ever-present salty sea, and that indescribable smell of green, fragrant, growing things after they've been in the sun all day. Since we've been wallowing in a wet, grey puddle since I got back from Cultus Lake, the sun and warmth today felt especially nice.

Now my patio door is open and I can hear Milos coughing next door and night birds singing through the trees. it's dark, and there are lights on inside, but the air coming in smells so good and feels so fresh that I am hazarding a bug invasion and leaving the door open. Yeah, we're sceen-less. Isn't a screen a luxury?

Man, it's been forever since I've been off work before Shawn. What to do with myself? This past rainy week has been a heavy reminder of what winter will entail. My heart fills with dread at the thought of such boredom. Of course, I'll be working, and there is Mexico in January!!! Mexico Mexico Mexico!!! THANK YOU MEXICO!
As you can see, Mexico is the light at the end of my tunnel.

I've also been thinking up ways to keep myself busy. Like taking up knitting again and doing it with friends. I'll be working on the statue sketches and paintings all winter, too.

Oh, and there IS this ONE thing, I guess....Shawn and I and our friend that we're driving to Mexico with...decided while we were talking of Mexico plans....that we are all going to get our diving certs together! THIS FALL!! I am going to LEARN HOW TO DIVE!!!!

 Lookout murky depths, here comes 'fub.

2 comments:

  1. I've never wanted to learn how to dive. not interested in murky depths. *shudder*. But more power to you, 'fub. However, Mexico sounds great. Is this going to be your thing now? Every winter, escape to a warm sunny climate? I'd say that's a pretty good tradition. Mebbe one year you could go to spain!

    ReplyDelete