Thursday, August 1, 2013

madhouse

Yesterday I walked into complete madness at work. There was a random lady, who I found out was the wife of one of the fisherman, attempting to man the front, totally untrained - it was that kind of day. also the day when we ran out of our most used bags. We had to use the tiny hot smoke bags for our fish. we ran out of those, too, at the end of the shift - which just happened to be 2am, that's a 12 hour shift - when we were half-way done the last tote of fish. There was so much chaos, so many demands, and it seemed like we weren't equipped AT ALL for any of it. for most of the day I longed for the freedom to just walk out of that mess. Anyway, it'll probably be the same today...but at least I'm prepared! And I'm getting payed a LOT of over-time. I just gotta remember Mexico...Mexico....sunny, warm, relaxing Mexico.

A side bonus, this job is the BEST work out job ever. I burn so many calories at work that I can eat anything and it makes no difference. I've slimmed right down! And my arms and shoulders have bulked right up! A silver-lining. All us women that work there are getting pretty strong. I like that it's mostly girls there. We're just, well.... the best. at almost everything. what? it's true!


1 comment:

  1. tis true. it's nice that you're getting a workout and overtime! Ben works 12 hours shifts. it sucks.

    ReplyDelete