Monday, December 9, 2013

crab caked 'fub

Today I woke up with that familiar knowledge that aunt flow had come to pay her dues. The last two nights have been full of vivid and intense dreams. and this morning, the FLOOD GATES OPENED. I hope a boy reads this and is suitably horrified. Anyway, as soon as I got up and started moving around, I got the crippling, only-thing-to-do-is-curl-up-in-a-fetal-ball cramps. the kind that makes you break out in a cold sweat and scrunch up your face. The kind that renders you unable to speak. I don't always get them that bad. It in fact has been a while since it's been so painful. Wish I knew what contributed, but it's probably a bunch of things. So, I gulped down some chocolate milk and aspirin, and waited for blessed relief. And blessed relief did come. It still feels blissful to have absence of pain down there.

It's my day off today, and I am rejoicing in the new-found use of the work truck. my boss has let me keep it for my weekend. I was afraid to ask - I…I never ask for things,  and it felt like a lot to ask! But dern it all, if I didn't just swallow my fear and ask anyway! Sometimes one must, in order for the door to be opened. I am learning this. It's why I asked for a raise, too. And …he said YES! both times! And if he hadn't, it wouldn't have been a big deal. So, what IS the big deal? ever? Jeez…I don't know!

I made crab cakes last night with habenero mango aioli. It was my first time, and they were delicious. Not hard to make at all! come see me and I'll make you crab cakes.

2 comments:

  1. isn't that the truck that is a danger to all on the roads? stop taunting me with all your delish seafoods!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to recall a crab cake of some sort being made for me during my last visit. It was lishus. Oh my, I have never had cramping that bad! If I get any, they're mild. I don't know how to sympathize with you in this. However, perhaps the contractions I get in labour make up for my lack of period cramps? Maybe you'll be lucky like Andrea and auntie Heather and Aunt Elaine who never had very painful labours. I want to visit again!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete