Saturday, December 7, 2013

vengeance

Labee wanted posts, and posts she shall have. Fact is Marilla, now that I've started posting more I seem to have started some momentum. Fact is, I ain't never been to a ball. And this whole idea's got me skeered to death. 'sides, it's Christmas.

I have recently acquired anne of gg - the first one. the sequel is unavailable on the 'net. I hadn't watched it in years, and some parts just REALLY hit my funny bone. Like how inexplicably angry Anne gets when someone mentions the colour of her hair, she way she's like "how dare you….carrots?!?!" as if the person has wronged her beyond any repair. It's delightful. the way the actor says "carrots" at the key moments is priceless. Haven't belly-laughed like that in a loooong time. Also cried and cried. Had a thought that the novels I especially loved when I was younger really had a hand in shaping me…or perhaps I loved them so much because of how I related to the characters in them. Like Anne. She's a kindred spirit. I know L.M. Montgomery made her up, but the way she did so ended up being very important to me. 

Monday night is Shawn's staff party, which I am attending. It's going to be at The Spotted Bear Bistro - a restaurant Shawn and I have never eaten at. Supposed to be amazing. We've just never gone because we hardly ever feel like spending a fortune on one night of eating. But this staff party is going to be all completely payed for, including an open tab on drinks. It's only common sense, when one's meal is being payed for by a wealthy company, to get the most expensive thing on the menu. It's going to be FUN. I already know what I'm going to wear. My red urban outfitters dress, if you must know. I NEVER get to dress up, and I love dressing up. 

It's Christmas!! The town's decked out in lights, and with the icy clear, sunny weather we've been having, it's amazingly picturesque. The sunset I see from Trilogy is amazing. the snowy mountains are so sharply defined, against a pink sky, darkening islands and the cute little float home community of Strawberry Island - the water shimmers in different shades, ranging from silver to ultramarine blue. And I'm seeing it all from the perspective of the Trilogy marina, with the fishing boats and tugs all docked up, some with strings of Christmas lights decorating their masts. Then there's the seagulls perched and huddled on the mossy roof of the Marina West building besides the marina, the occasional eagle soaring by…honestly, I spend so much time looking out that window, no wonder I don't have much else to talk about. 



1 comment:

  1. ha ha, your first paragraph is hilaaar! I bought myself the whole anne of gg for my birthday. Martha and I have been watching it in little snippets ever since and we just finished it a few nights ago. I love the ending. It's so satisfying. (side note, when I was reading and you wrote anne of gg, I at first read anne of egg, and I was like what???) I too had many moments of laughter through out the whole thing, and I had little phrases and things pop into my head just before they were said, and I cried too. Anne has a dear our hearts. Her dramatics are hilarious.

    Yay for christmas! I can picture tofino perfectly the way you described it and it's beautiful. You are lucky. I want to see this red dress!!!!

    ReplyDelete