Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Monday night was the Method Marine staff party at The Spotted Bear. It's a small venue, but cozy. The tables were laid out around the edge of the room, leaving the centre for socializing. appies were laid out on the bar, of which I MUST mention the risotto ball. the size of a child's fist, a breaded ball with a dollop of herbed cream something-or-other on top. full of risotto. YUM. there were also loaves of crusty bread, a selection of bries and camemberts, grapes and apples.

The group of people Shawn and I ended up sitting with included a youngster named Jordan who went to Wellington. Not MY era - he graduated 2011. when I graduated,  he was a little kiddie in grade 5.
Tonight Shawn and I are going over to Sandi and Karl's for the gingerbread-making party. Sandi's a little crazy. very organized in comparison to me. Er - mind you, that's most people, if I'm to be honest.

Christmas is coming up so very fast! I have not a gift yet. not one. That is scheduled for next week when Shawn and I will finally get the same days off and be able to go to Parksville. I'm just NOT going to settle for what Tofino has to offer!  uh-uh.
Another thing that's unsettling me right now is that Mexico is also coming up super fast. I don't feel prepared for that. Oh boy.

3 comments:

  1. um risotto ball? yes please! i know it's only fair of you to do it, but still, you calling someone a youngster makes me feel doubly old. "heymeshwana, mishymishywana, the CIRCLE OF LIFE!..." Christmas--ack. i am not prepared. not an iota prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't tofino offer some sort of goody? I remember seeing some very cute one of a kind things in the shops we visited. 2011? That's ten years after I graduated. Makes me feel old also. I have bought a gift each for the kids. I would say, since I probably have more people to buy for than you, it's the equivalent of you buying nothing...

    ReplyDelete