Monday, February 18, 2013

It's been norro virus 101 around here, as first Shawn caught it, and then exactly 72 hours later, I did. Unfortunately, my symptoms were much worse. Shawn was only sick for 7 hours, so at hour 5 I began to be excited for a respite. 10 hours later...it finally began to subside. I managed to sip about half a glass of water and nibble the equivalent of a small bite of bread all day long. Lying on either side made my stomach cramp and heave, so I was stuck flat on an aching back. For most of the day until about 6, I didn't even dare sip water, because it came right back up.  Shawn was unwilling to leave the house all day, except to go get things like gravol (came right back up - useless). Every 10 minutes I'd hear him come to the door and check on me. It was really nice to be taken care of so well, I have to say. he's a gem of a fubman. Anyway, today things are much better, although I'm still queasy and still can't gulp water. But I can tell it's gone. It's weird how you can sense a virus inside you. When I first woke up yesterday, I didn't feel sick yet, but I could immediately tell something was off. Like a wiggle inside you - an imbalance, like when you step off a spinning merry-go-round.  So, I hope no one else gets it. It sucked. I've never had nausea stay with me for so long.

I'm taking it easy still today. What to do? I watched every single movie we own yesterday, just about. I think i'mma run a bath.

1 comment:

  1. ugh how awful! I've been there before. it is not pretty. poor 'fub. It's so nice how fubman looked after you. (oh and I've felt the same thing, where I wake up and I just know something is off! Or sometimes it's the day before. neat)

    ReplyDelete