Saturday, February 23, 2013

When I went for my jog today, the wind was gusting high and cold, sending tree branches into a frenzied dance. I jogged around the park and up 1st st, turning onto the gravel path that cuts inward to the school. Down along beside the empty school I huffed and puffed. Past the small park with huge sweeping cedars. Down a gravelled back road, where I heard nothing but my own feet marking time with the birds. At the end of this road I kept going straight until I reached the borders of town and turned back. When I reached home again,  I stopped and spent some time outside, enjoying the fresh air and the cold wind against my skin.

When I got back inside, Shawn was home from his gardening job. We ended up going for a walk together. We took the new gravel path to Tonquin. It was so windy that when we got there, we ended up taking shelter in one of the tiny coves carved out into the cliffs bordering the beach. We watched the waves and talked, leaning on mossy boulders. Eventually, we decided to keep walking, but we ended up climbing up into the forest from the cove we were hanging out in, which didn't connect to the trail. We found ourselves suddenly enveloped  in the green forest. As there was a good 6 feet between each tree, it was enjoyable and spacious to walk around in, but it was harder to find the trail than we had bargained for, and we ended up tramping around in the woods for about 15 minutes before we finally did find it. Then we decided to take the new trail, that leads to the community hall (just up the street from us) back home. it was a good companionable walk. All we're missing is a dog.

I was offered a job today, cleaning a vacation rental. I declined. She wanted to train me for full time in the summer. I remembered that the kind of opportunity I'm looking for will actually APPEAL to me. And I don't think there is any job I despise more than house keeping. So decline I did. Actually, I only called her back because I'd been under the impression that she was looking for someone temporary to fill in.

When Soobly came to see me, she brought with her a miniature glockenspiel. For me!! She'd found two at a garage sale, and bought them both. One for her, one for me. My new glock is snuggled inside a blue plastic case (actually, it seems to be attached to said case. I cannot remove it.) upon which are written the words "Angel Glockenspiel" in rainbow bubble letters. It comes with two yellow plastic mallets. I've already remembered the ole cadet standbys: scotland the brave, the great escape, colonel bogie. It's a total walk down memory lane.

3 comments:

  1. may the glocken-times never end! i could totally picture your walk and the coves and the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! That's hilarious that she would find those at a garage sale! I don't know how you remembered those songs, it's been almost 10 years since we played them! I don't even remember what most of them sound like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah.... I have just the pup for you....

    ReplyDelete