Sunday, February 10, 2013

This morning found the house in a state of chaos, as Shawn and I finished up our cleaning. The chairs were all upside down on the couch, and the furniture pushed around to afford as much floor space as possible while we swept and mopped. During this, Shawn attempted to un-clog our bathroom sink, with disastrous results. He ended up holed in there with the fan on, kneeling in a puddle and trying to fix it, for about an hour and a half. It still isn't fixed, and he left to go surfing with his friend Alex who came up today from Parksville. It's nice to have a handy man (but even nicer when they don't break what they're trying to fix!!...not that I'd do any better, mind). Sarah and her boyfriend who I haven't met will be arriving late tonight. The weather forecast says it will be pouring with rain the entire time they're here, luck of lucks. Oh well. I'm still excited for it, it will be fun!  The most exciting thing that's happened to me in a long time, quite frankly. Hawaii aside.

speaking of the visit, there are still things to be done, which I should be doing now instead of fumfering on the computer. such as pulling all the dead things out of the garden. The flowers are growing again! The buds are emerging, and I have even spotted some lone pink fluffs of salmon berry blossom coming out. it smells like spring. This year I want to take full advantage of the comfrey and lemon balm growing in all four corners of our yard. I know some people who would have greatly benefitted from some comfrey ointment this winter if I'd had some on hand! I wouldn't mind being "that" person. The one with powerful natural remedies on hand. Plus I love lemon balm infusion...I've long run out of the lemon balm Andrea gave me for christmas years ago, and it's so comforting when one has a cold or just needs a pick-me-up. I read that lemon balm was long used for lifting depression. People would put fresh leaves in their wine or spirits. They'd also have it as a daily infusion for the purpose of longevity. It has other uses too, but I forget.

Time to get back to work!

2 comments:

  1. sarah as in savage? fun!
    You could totes be 'that girl'. you're half that girl already. Now I want some lemon balm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish you and shawn would come and clean my place. will ya? please? spring IS coming! i feel it too. hiphiphooray!

    ReplyDelete