Sunday, March 18, 2012

At work I cleaned all the glass, swept, mopped, re-merchandized, and then plopped down on the chair. I could hear my two co-workers who are working 'the other side' (the co. I work for is two attached stores, one side is a clothing store and the other an ocean adventure tours...the clothing store never has more than one person working at a time but the other side is a lot busier so there's usually two). They were chatting...I wanted to go over and join them but felt shy about it. However my legs walked over of their own accord.

"Hi!" said one co-worker. "I like it when you come visit us". (insert a pleased 'fub here).

Sometimes I just get the feeling that I try so hard for something I have already. And that one day when it clicks perfectly and I'm on top of the world (as happens on occasion) I'm going to look back at all the strain and stress I went through and shake my head and say "I can't believe I made it so hard for myself..."

4 comments:

  1. i totally know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and sometimes it can feel so hard and daunting to step even a little outside of your comfort zone, and yet it's not actually that hard, and the result is usually good.

    ReplyDelete