Sunday, March 25, 2012

There was a lull yesterday at work, and I took the opportunity to sit outside the shop on the bench right out front, which was flooded in sunlight. It was like I'd stepped from one world into a completely different one. The incessant music that was playing inside faded away and the air was FULL of birdsong.

After work, Shawn was finishing a lawn again, and I went for a walk to Mackenzie beach. This time I didn't really want to escape from my thoughts, because they were my friends. Positive thoughts were making me so buoyant I just wanted to skip and sprint and sing. I was thinking about...myself, of course. Thoughts such as...all the awkwardness and painfulness I've gone through have built me into such a uniquely strong, sensitive, and much wiser person. Kind of like all of those experiences were the cocoon I was building around myself. Actually, exactly like that. My life was clearly laid out in front of me as one big journey, each part of it an essential part. I needed to go down deep and dark. It was just how I learned so many things. Things I've viewed as fallbacks were revealed to be my teachers. Such as impatience. I have learned wonderful things from that quality.

I always feel as though I'm blooming when the sun moves into Aries - it's the beginning of spring! And everyone benefits from it I think...it's that push to start things, the renewed energy after the hibernation for winter. 

6 comments:

  1. i like this perspective. and i...er...um...gah! i...cough cough. i like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny I was thinking along those same lines lately, how the awkward and painful things I've been through have really taught me and shaped me. I guess that process never ends, uh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope, your life never just 'stops'! There's always expansion to be had.

    Laura, gee...I...that really means a...*ahem*. I like you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love basking in sunlight. There's just something so wonderful about it. There's also something wonderful about YOU...if I could just put my finger on it...

    ReplyDelete