Friday, March 16, 2012

this is also a writing exersize

In a vision:

I am standing in a canyon in late afternoon. The sun has been drenching the smooth rocky floor and walls of the canyon all day and I'm suffused in gentle warmth that rises from the earth and echoes off the rippled canyon walls. My feet are bare. A sensuous purple dusk has spread out across the canyon bottom, but the walls are still bathed in sun's light. They curve all around me in amber-rosy hues, a glowing undulating bowl in which I am ensconced in perfect solitude.

A sensation of euphoric peace prevails. In front of me, a clear turquoise pool glimmers softly in the fading light. It seems to be imbued with light from within. I take several steps into the cool silky water - it deepens swiftly and soon I am waist deep and able to smoothly glide my whole self in, my feet lightly lifting off the ground. I duck my head under and dive, using my legs to powerfully thrust downwards and forward. My arms work rhythmically with my legs. In fact, my whole body is expanding then contracting...stretching out, gathering the water all around me and pulling it in, pushing my body past. Reaching out, gathering the water, pulling it in, pushing past. I am totally absorbed in the sensations of this fluid movement.




....and that is all that I can manage for now. Been working on this for days. The first paragraph is the vision I had, the rest of it is just me adding creatively onto it. The first paragraph was the only easy part to write.

3 comments: