Friday, March 30, 2012

my man is a furry, mountainous log

This morning Shawn had it in his head to wake up super early (4am to be exact...) and take care of some work thing. It's a secret, so I can't say. I mean, I know what it was, YOU cannot. Anyways. Before he left he deposited a very soft purring being on the bed beside me. I'm sure he meant for her to cuddle and keep me company in bed, but she had other plans. Such as....let's do whatever is in my subtle power to wake Amy up so she'll feed me. She's devised certain techniques for this. She'll softly put her two front paws on your hip, or your ribs, and just stay like that with two little points of pressure digging into you until you simply cannot ignore it. Then you swipe her off, and viola. She's succeeded in waking you up more than you'd have liked. If that doesn't work, she'll hold her little whiskered head right up to your nose/mouth so that she tickles your face. Then she'll switch between the two. She'll also sit atop your chest (a 15 pound furry boulder), or stomach, or hip.  When you try to move in such a way that would make her fall off you, she turns into an inert noodle - WILL not jump off, just lies there, a heavy slug falling into whatever nook and cranny mine and Shawn's bodies together make. Subtle are her ways, and also wily.

I must interrupt this story to praise her.

How can I be so in love with the soft creature? I could write poems and love songs to her. She's taught me gentleness, because that is the only way she'll respond to you. Such a gentle spirit she has. I can see why Egyptians worshipped cats. They demand this of you. It's their rightful place to be on a pedestal.
I can't express the depth of my delight in her round, furry form. On her chest is a bib of the softest white fur. Her belly is like white pudding cake. She holds up her heft on tiny little white paws. She is altogether delightful.

Back to the story.
So, Eastre woke me up and I tossed and turned in bed without a fubman. Sleep alluded me until the joyous moment a fubman returned and fit his logular fubman body in the perfect fubman shaped pocket next to mine. I sighed and slept soundly again until 8:30.

This post is a story of my family and how much I love 'em!
Sometimes I come awake in a moment where Eastre is on my lap, and fubman is in the room doing something, or conversing with me, and I feel a feeling of utter and complete gratitude for my little family.

4 comments:

  1. your description of eastre doing her best to wake you up is hilarious. It reminds me a bit of kitty. she used to do the light pressure thing too.

    your little family is delightful 'fub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, logular fubman? That's geniously hilarious. So is your kitty. She's sounds so loveable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have described exactly what archie and izzy do! sometimes they might also take out one claw and lightly tap your exposed flesh with it. or make a back and forth path across the top of my pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post. Rosco and Splash meow pitiously at my bedroom door until I get up to feed them and Sampson scratches the door and pushes on it until it opens (it doesn't latch) and then jumps on the bed. Then if I get up and dare to not feed him immediately, he bats at houseplants while looking at me to make sure I notice.

    ReplyDelete