Saturday, March 24, 2012

perfect moments, snowballed

I was inspired by Andrea's post of perfect moments, and thought I'd snowball from that...quite frankly I think it'd be really awesome to see everyone's perfect moments that they experience. Just saying. (wink)

So last night after work I was not in the mood to face up to anything. I went right to the TV and played the Sims...the sims keeps your mind completely occupied every single second. That is why it is such a tempting escape. Shawn was working late mowing a lawn. It was a beautiful day but I was busy cutting myself off entirely from it. Anyways, at one point I paused the game to make myself some pasta and do the dishes, and Shawn came home around then, and we decided to drive out to a lookout to catch the rest of the sunset. Rosie Bay. There's a clearing up there where me and Shawn go to have fires sometimes. It looks like someone was going to build something there, because it's been blasted, but it's been abandoned since and we never ever see anyone else up there. Shawn drove his truck right up into the clearing so we could see the view from where we were sitting. (it was freezing). The sun had set, it was orange through the trees, the first stars were coming out. The twisted, gnarled trees where sharp silhouettes against the sky. I had my window open all the way and I stuck my head out and deliberately took a huge breath, taking in all the fresh, spicy, salty smells. I'd been feeling weighted down and slightly annoyed (sims does that) but at that moment it dissipated in the face of all the perfect beauty, I realized I was smiling, and I looked over at Shawn. "this moment is perfect" I said (he agreed). I didn't ever want to leave, just wanted to take it in forever. I need to remember that better when the sims tempts me. The beautiful world does a better job of making one feel whole and peaceful than a million hours of escaping in a game like the sims.

2 comments:

  1. yeah, you're right fub. i too often have the urge to bury my feelings by becoming distracted--in various different ways--instead of doing something that would soothe and heal me, like going outdoors or painting or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. for you the sims, for me bubble shooter. ergs!

    ReplyDelete