Saturday, April 7, 2012

it's been a loooong day's night

and I been working like a dog...
Ok, well, actually not really. But it was a long day at work - I don't usually work 8 hour shifts, and this one, due to some scheduling mishaps, did not afford me a lunch break. So I was extremely hungry by the time I got off. My body is used to a very pampered schedule, and does not take kindly to any changes, let's just say.
I'm eating some pesto pasta as we speak.
I moved here right after turning 24, and now I'm turning 26 in a week. Looking back, it seems to me that 24 was my last year of looking young...this morning I was looking in the mirror (getting ready for work), and there was NO angle where I could not see the changes to my face. This was bothering me, until I smiled at my reflection, and saw a woman there...a lovely, young, in-her-20's woman...but a WOMAN, not a girl. The person I suddenly saw in the mirror was someone I'd never bothered to see before. But I liked it. I feel myself tentatively fitting into this new image. Amy as a woman. A sure of herself woman with a sunny disposition and lots of sun on her face.  ...well, that's what I WANT to be, can't really live up to the sun-on-face part yet. Working on the sure-of-herself part. I think I'm pretty good with the sunny disposition one though! Ok, and that wasn't purely just about physical changes. Yes, it is true, I am vain, but I promise that's not all it was about. I've been thinking about growing up a lot lately. I've decided I'm in another teenager stage.
AAnyways. I'm going to go help myself to some more pasta...

2 comments:

  1. your body IS used to a pampered schedule. That's what a 'fubbitt' is; a pampered fub.

    If you're a woman that means I am too. One fub can't go ahead and be a woman without the other. Remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's weird hey? sometimes i still forget that i'm not a kid but a WOMAN. so i get what you mean, however i think you still look young as in not a girl but a youthful WOMAN. i like to capitalize WOMAN and i just realized that you did it your post. ha! anyways kudos to you, what a wonderful feeling to be at home in yourself.

    ReplyDelete