Wednesday, April 25, 2012

rainy mornings such as this

On rainy mornings such as this,
me and my love, we wake up slow
nuzzling and sharing
then one of us gets up to make the coffee
while our orange cat rubs ankles for food


I'm not much of a poet, but April is poetry month and there's been poems posted all over town! I've quite enjoyed it. So here's my contribution. I didn't even mean to do it...it just sort of unfolded from writing my blog title.

I am in favour of this rain. It makes me feel cozy. It helps that it's my day off today. I will probably vacillate between sim playing, exercise balling it, eating, tidying, and drawing. With a surf dvd playing. Somewhere in the middle of all that activity, I will find time to make a potato salad. Potato salads are dear to my heart.

2 comments:

  1. i'd say that you obviously are a poet, and that's a lovely poem. hey now that your blog is private i don't get notifications anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and for good reason--potato salads are hearty and you are a 'hearty' 'fub. You've always had the heart of a poet--it comes naturally to you. what's this exercise ball you speak of?

    ReplyDelete