Wednesday, April 4, 2012

nocturnal

This is my first post on my brand new Mac! I have an extremely shiny new toy. So far I've been madly downloading music. I've discovered a new band: horse feathers. They could use a little more rhythm and movement though.

I've made a suuuuper exciting decision...and it's a SECRET. No one will know until the family reunion. It came to me today while I was having a shower in my new apartment. Yes, me and Shawn have once again moved. It's funny, when I first moved to Tof, and me and Shawn were looking for a place, Shawn showed me the very apartment building that we are now moved into.  I would not even consider looking into it. First of all, although the official name of the building is Tonquin blah blah blah, it's known to everyone around here as the Sin City apartments...there's a reason for that (well at least there WAS). It looked very run down and grungy to me back then. But now...2 years later...it's apparently been "cleaned out", and the apartment that we're in is all completely refurbished. brand new everything. New wood flooring, new carpet in the bedroom, new appliances. It faces the back, with a tiny cement patio and garden area with forest beyond. As opposed the the parking lot, so we lucked out there. I don't believe I could abide the parking lot view.
It's so bright! This morning the wind was ferocious, and I loved watching the cedars wave dramatically out the sliding glass doors.
This is the first place that me and Shawn have gotten together that feels like our own. It's nothing special, but it's so white and bright and neutral...and anonymous. That is what feels especially refreshing to my soul. Yay. After the vacation rental place...and then this last place which had no insulation, or privacy. And, the kitchen is a good size! One more thing, and perhaps the best of all, is the rent. $580/month.
Why rent a super beautiful place for over $1000 a month when you can rent a totally decent place for half that price which in turn allows you to save money so you can BUY a super beautiful place? It doesn't make sense to let your money go down the drain every month and you're not working towards anything...unless you want to rent forever. I do not.

Moving was particularly tiring, I am just now feeling somewhat normal again. We had to move very last minute, because this place only became known and available to us a day before the 1st. Shawn was also busy the day we were supposed to move working on this huge work project which included the use of his truck, driving back and forth to the dump (a good hour and a half there and back). I was so tired and spacey on the third day, the cleaning day, I could hardly hold a normal conversation. Shawn on the other hand seemed to be full of energy as we were cleaning. It's when he inexplicably started saying in his perfect french, 'tu est un fubbitt', with emphasis on the "t" sound. "What?! I am not a fubbit!" I said, shocked at the spontaneity and the genius. It was almost too much. "oui, tu est un fubbitt! un fubbitt!" He kept repeating... We ARE perfect for each other.  I think 'fubbitt' is like a timbit. A bit-sized 'fub.

I am SO happy to have this computer. It is HUGE. I'm going to be punctuating my posts with drawings, too. It's going to be much more enjoyable now to read of my life updates. No more crazy personal dramatic fests, I promise. I find it much easier to write when I don't have 6 months to cover at a time.





3 comments:

  1. i have to admit fubitt IS genious! i'm glad you are all moved in and happy AND especially connected and i can't wait to get all the posts whatever they may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tu IST un fubbitt! I've known that for years. yay for your pleasing, neutral home! If there's one thing I've learned it's that you can make almost any place a lovely home.

    I'm excited to see the drawings you come up with to punctuate your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think what you've known for years is wrong. Ha, ha! Because it's definitely NOT "ist".

    ReplyDelete