Saturday, May 11, 2013

Today was definitely a day of crab at work. Emptying a bin just freshly pulled from the sea is something I've had to get better at quickly. It's much more of an anxious task than pulling them from the tank, because they are all squished bum-to-pincer, and usually all facing pincer up at me. But I can't dawdle over it - gotta get it done! So I'm always having to take this huge bin and turn it on it's side and shake it around, and then the whole thing is alive and moving in one big bunch of legs and pincers.

The fun part about crab is how impressed people get. Today some ladies got 6, and as I was breaking their backs, one with an english accent said, "I bet your boyfriend doesn't cheek you around!"  - which I found funny and also slightly muddled me because, being able to kill crab doesn't actually make you a hard core person. But people treat you as if it does! So why not, right? yeah! I'm hard core!! don't mess with ME. ( At least if you are a crab. )

Enough about work already, right? Yeah, that's it anyway. It was a good day today.  A day of hard work, but I'm definitely getting more of a feel for what my job entails overall and I'm much better at multitasking. And now I have 5 days off before I work again, unless I get called in. A lake of time!




2 comments:

  1. I'd like that part too. it's awesome to feel tough 'specially when people are so admiring about it. Aren't you glad you don't have sausage fingers? It is something to feel grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm I love crab... Do you ever get to eat it? Or does your job turn you off of it? Personally I think you're brave to be dealing so closely with live crab. Yikes. Also, it IS impressive, that's why people are impressed! Fubman better lay off the cheek or you'll show him a thing or two!

    ReplyDelete