Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Branch of Fate

Last night at around 10:30, Shawn and I were shocked out of our skins when a sudden loud BOOM-BANG shook the side of our apartment. Eastre, with eyes so wide she looked like a kitten again, came bolting out of the bedroom, and then slunk somewhere and completely disappeared for about half an hour. The first thing I thought was...earthquake? but a quick glance outside showed that a tree had actually fallen against the apartment, and had landed right in front of our window, narrowly missing crashing right through it. Or at least it looked like a tree - a cedar tree. But this morning when I looked outside, I saw that what had in fact happened is a strip of a large cedar had separated from the main trunk - what had looked like a tree was actually a huge branch. Anyway, excitement!

It's POURING outside. Same as yesterday...

I've been hermitting inside. Yesterday my cabin fever reached a boiling point and then I deflated, like a balloon. The highlight of my day was when I did t-tapp! Positivity, though! Since every single thought we have, has an influence on our lives, I was making a real effort to stay positive - and it was a pleasant enough evening when Shawn came home. He's a warm sun of comfort.

Next time I go to work I will tell them of my predicament when it comes to hours, and inform them that I'll have to get a second job if I don't get more soon. They won't want that! Simple fact is though, that I can't go on much longer with only two shifts a week. I know they can give me more. KNOW.



1 comment:

  1. good luck with your job. i hope they realize what they have in YOU.

    ReplyDelete